Monday, October 3, 2011

What I See : Desk

I finished my first project today and am excited to share it with you. What do you see?  Maybe 2 x 4's, 1 x 4's an old fence, barn wood & plumbing fixtures? Not me I see an expansive desk that will not only serve as a "home office" for me in the busiest room in my house, the living room, but it will also serve me well at holiday dinners & parties!  Recycling old stuff is truly a passion of mine and there may be nothing I love more than old wood.  This might come as a surprise to some of you who consider me modern when it comes to interiors.  However while I do love minimal amounts of "things" in my rooms and on my walls, I love using and introducing items that have life and texture to them.  The next step...dressing the wall above and the top with both some essentials and just a few pretty things that add the right amount of wow!

Color Palette Notes: This piece pulls from both dark & light taupe neutrals, a perfect back drop for some awesome punches of color!


1 comment: